How Can Acupuncture Help Infertility?
The primary goal of acupuncture is to enhance your body’s overall health and wellbeing. This allows the inherent ability of conception to take place naturally in a healthy well balanced body. Oftentimes, these natural rhythms can be thrown off by stress, overwork, improper diet, and lack of sleep causing disharmonies related to fertility. It is important to identify these patterns to effectively begin to treat the root cause of the issue.
What makes my treatments unique:
I like to ask as many questions as possible to get a good idea about where you are emotional, physically, spiritually, and nutritionally. All of these things play such an important role in your ability to becoming pregnant. I have found that it extremely beneficial to remove any psychological road blocks around the idea of conceiving, which could include issues around health, age, social conditioning, trauma, and unresolved family conflicts.
The treatments methods I use are:
• Detox protocols to improve health
• Supplements to begin to support a healthy cycle and pregnancy
• Chinese or Western Herbal Medicine to help address underlying issues
• Breathing techniques/exercises to encourage your body to do the necessary work
• Acupuncture, CranioSacral therapy, Trauma Release Work, Lifestyle changes
• Womb Blessing to clear old energy from the womb: this is an energetic healing
Some of the benefits of acupuncture for fertility enhancement are:
- Regulating menstrual cycles (amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, irregular cycles, premenstrual syndrome, imbalanced follicular or luteal phases)
- Reducing stress and increasing relaxation
- Improves ovarian function; encourages production of follicles; enhances their quality
- Improves blood flow to ovaries and uterus
- Enhances immune system
- Lessens uterine contractions after embryo transfer
- Improves thickness of uterine wall lining
- Lessens side effects from hormone treatments
- Improves sperm counts, motility and morphology
- Improves quality of oocytes
- Reduces miscarriages and improves live birth rate
- Cost effective
Additional benefits of Chinese Medicine:
Chinese medicine can be helpful in enhancing the possibility of pregnancy, in supporting a pregnancy, and in supporting the health of new parents. Acupuncture is a safe and effective treatment to help men and women struggling with fertility issues.
Having a baby takes a huge toll on the woman’s body. It is important to replenish the body after nourishing a newborn for 9 months and loosing vital nutrients during the birthing process. By doing this the new mother can ensure to have plenty of milk for her lactating baby. This will also help the mother regain her own strength to better take care of her newborn and get back to her day to day life successfully.
I cannot say enough good things about Joaquina as a practitioner. I have been a patient of hers since 2015. After a period of not feeling healthy overall I turned to acupuncture. Joaquina views the body holistically and was able to help me stabilize my digestion, thyroid, and other imbalances, which affected my fertility and health in general. By working with me to take the proper supplements, fertility teas, reduce stress, and teaching me how to track my cycles I was able to get pregnant within the first month of actively trying. I’ve continued seeing Joaquina throughout my pregnancy and have felt extremely healthy. I cannot thank her enough. I definitely consider her a partner in my healthcare and highly recommend her as a practitioner.Rena T.